Orlando Web Design & Engineering Service
The 3 Most Common Web Design Mistakes By Business Owners:
Posted by Jared Speck 06/14/12
I have seen this time and time again and I am only doing this to help everyone learn from my mistakes. I had not known about the following items when I had launched my first computer repair website in Orlando.
1. NO KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Keyword research is where you log into Google adwords to find out who is searching for what in Google. Here is the link to Google Adwords so you can use the program.
For example: Say you own a computer repair business in Orlando. By using Google adwords you will see that the term "computer repair orlando" is searched 720 times per month. Where as the term "computer service orlando" only searched 110 times per month. So now you know what the general population is searching for so you are not stabbing in the dark.
2. NOT PLACING YOUR KEYWORD IN YOUR WEBSITE
- You have done your keyword research. Now what? You are going to want to design your new site with your keyword in mind. Make sure your main keyword is at least someplace on the webpage. If you are going for "computer repair orlando" make sure to work it in a paragraph somewhere. For example: "Welcome to our site! We are so and so pc repair, a computer repair Orlando company"
3. KEYWORD STUFFING
- Some businesses have the sense to do the keyword research and even place the keyword somewhere in the website. However some web designers can make the mistake of over doing it. If you have that keyword all over the place and it does not look natural, you are keyword stuffing. Google will smack you down for this.
So quick review:
1. Do your keyword research.
2. Include your keyword somewhere in your website.
3. Do not stuff your keyword in to where it does not look natural.